Wednesday 26 June 2013

Persistence pays off!

After the terrible failure of a few nights ago, I gave it one last shot tonight, and I'm really glad I did! Rather than using the original recipe that I found online, I used a youtube tutorial instead.



I used a SLIGHT modification on the ingredients listed on youtube 
- Sponge Cake -
3 eggs
100g Sugar
90g Flour (I used self raising)
15g Unsalted Butter
1 tbsp Milk

- Soaking Syrup -
2 tbsp Sugar
3 tbsp Hot Water
1 tbsp Honey

- Toppings -
400ml extra thick whipping cream
3 tbsp Sugar
450g Strawberries
Powdered Sugar (roughly 2-3 cups)

I also used parchment paper, and a spring form pan (I believe it is a 9" diameter maybe?)

Generally I just did what the video told me, it is made really simple to follow, and I found it useful to see what it should look like at each stage.




My cake decorating still (obviously) leaves a lot to be desired



But it tastes decent enough for my first attempt at a cake!

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment